New toy

Craig Alumbaugh

TVWBB Guru
Well after much debate I finally went and bought a 22.5" WSM and love it. I did a quick season on it Saturday and then did a rack of ribs on Sunday and they turned out great. I had a charcoal smoker before and when I let someone talk in to an electric one we knew something was missing and its the taste you get from the charcoal/wood. I put my charcoal ring half full and loaded up the chimney to half and the temperature stayed around 225-240 for six hours and I only added a few chunks of apple wood the first three hours. As you can tell I am very happy with my purchase and wish I would have done it sooner......lol...... I would post some photos but I don't use photo bucket or any of those type sites, usually just upload but I see you can here. Oh well...lol.....

Craig

Last edited:
As you can tell I am very happy with my purchase and wish I would have done it sooner......lol......

I hear ya. That seems to be a very common sentiment among new WSM owners around here. Congrats on your new toy!

Also, you can try http://imgur.com/ to host photos. No account needed or anything. Just upload them from your computer and copy the image URL here into the insert image dialogue box.

I will have to check them out as I don't like creating to many accounts....lol.. If I do that is the link the only thing that shows or will the pictures show up in the post. Thanks

Last edited:
You're almost there, Craig! This is what you probably meant to do:
aO1mlmx.jpg

XYvpJcq.jpg

7NgRj5L.jpg

When you click the insert image button on here, what you paste into it has to be one image URL at a time and it has to end in the .jpg, .png or .gif file extension.

Alternatively, if the image address you're copying is already surrounded by the
tags you can just paste that right into the body of your post without using the insert image button here.

That's funny cuz I have an electric smoker as well and I want a WSM, and as a test this weekend, I bought two 6lb. Boston butts, and did one on the electric smoker and one on my performer platinum, to try to persuade my wife I not letting me get a WSM lol. Well needless to say, the pulled pork on the performer was WAYYYY better than the electric and hopefully pretty soon I will be getting a WSM as well lol. Well congrats on ur new toy Craig!!!!!

I can agree with you Ray as that was the plan to do some ribs on the performer and then out of the blue I was given the OK to get the WSM and I couldnt pass that up.....lol.....

Congratulations!! I got my 22.5 about two months ago and just love it! Used it last night for pork loin. It is so easy to control...

I wish I would just get the OK out of the blue as well lol, I think I might have to wait for Santa tho

Well after much debate I finally went and bought a 22.5" WSM and love it. I did a quick season on it Saturday and then did a rack of ribs on Sunday and they turned out great. I had a charcoal smoker before and when I let someone talk in to an electric one we knew something was missing and its the taste you get from the charcoal/wood. I put my charcoal ring half full and loaded up the chimney to half and the temperature stayed around 225-240 for six hours and I only added a few chunks of apple wood the first three hours. As you can tell I am very happy with my purchase and wish I would have done it sooner......lol...... I would post some photos but I don't use photo bucket or any of those type sites, usually just upload but I see you can here. Oh well...lol.....

Craig
Craig--try Imgur.com

You can upload pics for free and you don't need to start an account!

Sometimes it is easier to ask for forgiveness then approval...

Ok, I asked first too. Well, sorta. It was bonus time, and I always get myself a little something with my bonus and then use the rest for household stuff (bills, projects, etc.). This time I wanted a smoker. I decided on a 22.5" WSM and told the wife that is what I wanted to get. She went through the roof. Wasting money, etc. I went that Friday and got it any ways. Figured I was already in trouble, might as well have a little good come from the bad. Next day, she was done being mad and asked me where it was. Showed it to her, she was still skeptical. Cooked on it, haven't heard a complaint about buying it since.

Asking for forgiveness does work sometimes but my couch isn't very comfortable lol, so if I can avoid it, I try my best lol

Craig, Rich got ours off Craigs List and we love it. It's the WSB 18 1/2 just right for two plus the helpers!!!! Looking forward to doing our turkey on it, with our wood soaked in some Cab for a while. You get a nice ring and oh sooooo gooood.

Trust me I looked at Craigslist and there was none...lol... as I would have loved to save a few bucks. But I didn't mind spending the extra now as I know I have a quality product. I loved smoked turkey and cant wait to do one.

Back