New (to me) Summit Grill, please help identify

Tim Noce

The label is almost completely unreadable, can anyone help me ID this Weber Summit grill?

I’m new here, so please go easy on me :)

613A4FCF-DF22-4A8B-8BE5-74B4D92FC550.jpeg74CEE987-F34D-46E0-9234-316300E6FF36.jpegDE3C4598-7153-4726-81FB-F286C7728736.jpegT

That is a first generation Summit 650. Outstanding grill BUT a money pit due to firebox rusting issues and basically no available parts anymore

Larry is right, but it is such a SWEET GRILL! If you have the fortitude and $ to deal with making patches or replacements for the firebox front, the rest looks like it is all there. That's because it is a REAL WEBER, dumb firebox design not withstanding. One of these cleaned up and restored to safe condition would be an awesome cooker and something that you don't see every day. Very cool, just very challenging.

Oh yeah awesome cooker to be sure. And who knows? Maybe your firebox is currently fine. But beware. It will go from "don't look too bad" to flames coming out from under the panel in what feels like a heartbeat. It's really sad as next to the Vieluxe these could have been some of the finest grills Weber ever made. And if they had a rear rotisserie burner totally unbeatable

Updated for those interested! I went through a move and the new house did not have a gas line outside so I decided to run one all the way out to the garage and rooftop deck.

I had the 650 under the largest cover I could find online for over a year now and just fired her up for the first time ever. She is going like a champ! Side burner looks like it has never been used and works great. After a little lighter assistance for one of the burners everything is lit.

Any recommendations for cleaning and getting ready for the weekend? What to use, what to look out for, etc?

I’ve noticed that the drip tray doesn’t seem to stay hooked underneath the box and I might have to rig something up for that.

That is a first generation Summit 650. Outstanding grill BUT a money pit due to firebox rusting issues and basically no available parts anymore
This was soooo helpful. If I decided to part with my life savings, where would be the best place to look for parts?

Great to hear, parts are hit and miss, wherever you can find them. I had the same drip tray issue with my 05 Summit Platinum D6, it was due to the end caps separating slightly, I tightened everything up and now it’s fine.

Attachments

• B559D14B-624A-4014-85FB-6462543CA2B6.jpeg
    B559D14B-624A-4014-85FB-6462543CA2B6.jpeg
    98.9 KB · Views: 7

Back