New to me 22.5”

M Andreyka

TVWBB Fan
I have 18” and a 26” kettles, love them but decided I wanted to add a dedicated charcoal smoker.

So I go on Craigslist and see a newly posted 22 for $125! And he lived like 1/2 mile away.

Well the guy had like 15 people already call him but I talked him into selling it to me since we are neighbors, have him $140 because I didn’t have change and for hooking me up.

Anyways I’m getting ready to mod it up, the unit is used but in good shape.

I thing a hinge, new temp gauge, and some body handles will be first on the listDADB5B57-E369-4D0A-A125-F0709FD4DB46.jpeg

Great score! I don't have a hinge (or a temperature gauge) but that would be on my short list if I was going to do any more modification. I do have body handles, and they work fine on my 18.5 since I don't use water in the pan. Lifting a 22" WSM with a load of meat and a full water pan could be tricky (and hazardous ) so take care not to spill scalding water on the fire/your feet/the dog. Happy smoking, you're going to love that WSM.

Great score! I don't have a hinge (or a temperature gauge) but that would be on my short list if I was going to do any more modification. I do have body handles, and they work fine on my 18.5 since I don't use water in the pan. Lifting a 22" WSM with a load of meat and a full water pan could be tricky (and hazardous ) so take care not to spill scalding water on the fire/your feet/the dog. Happy smoking, you're going to love that WSM.
I won’t be using water in the water pan, Harry Soo says he never does and that’s good enough for me.

Back