New to me 14.5 WSM

Stephen Scaggs

TVWBB Member
Hello all,
I've been a member here for a while. I have Weber OTG kettle, a Weber Q100, and the 14.5. I was gifted the 14.5 by a customer where I work. It is in almost unused shape, but was missing the thermometer, and the cover was disintegrating. I've added a River Country thermometer and ordered a new cover. I'm smoking a rack of ribs today. I hope everyone is having a great day!

That's a great gift, Stephen! I've never used a 14.5, but from what I've seen here, you should love the little guy/gal!

Congrats!

Rich

Thanks! Smoked a brisket flat today. It's resting in the cooler right now! I love this little smoker. I have an inexpensive Char griller offset also, but it is very difficult to control temps and uses a lot of fuel. The wsm is much easier to use and does not require so much babysitting.

Thanks! Smoked a brisket flat today. It's resting in the cooler right now! I love this little smoker. I have an inexpensive Char griller offset also, but it is very difficult to control temps and uses a lot of fuel. The wsm is much easier to use and does not require so much babysitting.
Now it is time to start getting some pictures of these cooks and sharing them to make us hungry!

Thinking about doing a small brisket and some ribs. I purchased the brinkmann rib rack. It will have to wait for the weather though, we are in Texas and we are trying to make it through temps in the teens and rolling power outages. Right now I'm trying to keep the pipes from freezing and dress for 63 degree temps in the house. Normally, we don't have this type of weather. If we can make it to Friday we will be up in the mid forties. I also ordered a Hunsaker vortex plate for the 14.5. I'm looking forward to giving it a go also.

Back