New to grilling - Wisconsin

Colin W

Hi everyone,

I'll be picking up my first ever grill tonight and, seeing as it will be a bit of a fixer upper, I thought I should introduce myself here.

The new grill is a Platinum Series II 3200 LP, which I plan to restore for my own personal use. Based on info from the seller, all seems to be in working order and I don't see rust or other major issues in the pictures. I'll post some pics when I get it home tonight so you can see what i'm working with. In the mean time, I've been combing through as many restoration threads as I've been able to find, including Jeff MA's legendary restoration of a similar Platinum II 3200, and acquiring the cleaners/tools/paints i'll need to get to work.

I'm already grateful for the info I've found on this forum and am sure i'll learn much more in the weeks to come.

Cheers,

Colin

When you get in trouble, the guys here will help you out of the hole you find yourself in, they have all helped me through some weird situations!
Have fun.

"When you get in trouble, the guys here will help you out of the hole you find yourself in"

Hi Colin, WELCOME!!!!!!!! What Tim said. They really are a nice bunch of guys here. Wait till you meet the Warden.......err, the Administrator, Chris. He is VERY helpful (and nice) lol.

Thanks for the warm welcome, Timothy and Joan! I may be delusional at this stage but still have my fingers crossed that I won't dig myself too deep of a hole on this project, but it's great knowing there is a community of experts happy to help if i do!

Back