New Thermapen? 17 lbs of Porterhouse

Eric Michaud

TVWBB Super Fan
What better way to try out my new Thermapen than by grilling 6 behemoth Porterhouse steaks, need both Performers for these bad boys.

porter_zps26877372.jpg

photobucket-6973-1356922814048.jpg

Last edited:
Wow. Now that's a steak! Just the right amount of sides for something that massive.

How long did they take? How'd you like your Thermapen? More details please! You can't post something that awesome with such little commentary.

Thanks everyone, the steaks were awesome. Chad don't you know a picture is worth a thousand words ? lol, Some had Dean and Delucca'a morrocan beef rub, some black pepper, kosher salt. All coated with olive oil. I piled the lump high on the direct side which was big enough to fit all 3(used 2 grills) but the indirect side was not, so I rotated the meat between zones. Some were done in under 20 minutes, and the 2 that were for the people who don't know how to enjoy steak (medium well) went a bit longer. The thermapen is awesome, I love the speed, lose less heat. I actually rarely temp my steaks but go by feel but it was nice to be able to make sure with steaks this big. Did not want to screw these up.

Back