New member - open for suggestions -

Mark Dudley

What to cook for Thanksgiving, I do a pretty damn good turkey on a WSM (been doing a turkey for Thanksgiving since 1974 first on a Mr Meat Smoker then on an 18 WSM.

Weber Genesis S-310; WSM 18; Weber Original Kettle Premium 22

High Mark, WELCOME!!

"What to cook for Thanksgiving". Are you asking us or telling us? lol

If everyone likes it, another turkey.

Could also do a small smoked ham on the kettle, or a smoked salmon.

Stick with the turkey but change up the sides from previous year to keep em' guessing. A cranberry sauce with fresh jalepeno or roasted habenaro. Maybe an andoulie cornbread dressing if you've never made it before, or some kinda sweet potato caserole with the sweet n' spicy notes....

I might go with a spicy cranberry this year, bacon roasted brussels, and mashed potatoes n'gravy. Trying to keep this years feast a little more simple at my house. Definitely going Turkey, praying for clear weather or at least no wind so I can cook on the E6

Welcome Mark! I would stick with the tried and true Turkey and experiment in 2022 with other things in preparation for next year’s Thanksgiving.

Every year I like to add one new side and one new dessert and see how they work.

Even small sides like spiced peach halves, or ( in addition to canned cranberry ) a rustic spicy cranberry sauce can add dimension to Thanksgiving.

edit: but I hesitate to mess with the main course without trying it first on a non holiday cook.

Back