New Hopper Ramp

LKruse

TVWBB Fan
I haven't installed the new ramp yet and was wondering what the verdict of the new hopper ramp? I am sure it is better with it's higher angle but does it solve the problem completely?

Also, are all new Weber SmokeFire's ordered from the Weber website come with all the fixes installed now i.e. auger, chute, software, and ramp?

Personally, I think removing the guard helps more, but I would install the ramp too. I did both and lubed the ramp with food safe silicone and haven’t had any issues with 200lbs of pellets plus burnt.

My EX4 came direct from Weber on 6/29 did not have the new auger. Hopefully, sometime since then they’ve changed that. Especially with the unsold inventory recall.

I don’t use the hopper, I’m going to remove the finger guard someday when I swap to the welded chute.
It works just fine as it is. I like to check stuff so messing with pellets every 8 hours or so is not an issue.

Last edited:
I removed the guard and installed the ramp. I can't really say one way or the other on if it works. I don't miss the capacity, it's not a big deal in that regard. It's steeper. pellets will fall with greater force. I would throw it in if were you. Of course I would.....I did.

I am doing my first long cook on the smoke fire it has the guard and no auger ramp. I hope it works out, don't want any flameouts.

Also, are all new Weber SmokeFire's ordered from the Weber website come with all the fixes installed now i.e. auger, chute, software, and ramp?
I heard they recalled all the original units so they could swap over the new parts. I guess it just depends on if you get one of the units that was recalled or if you got old stock. I would assume anything from Weber would be a unit with all the fixes in place, but who knows.

Still some leftover display models on sale at reduced prices at the Lowes in Plainfield, IN. $850 will get you a 600 needing all those replacements.

Still some leftover display models on sale at reduced prices at the Lowes in Plainfield, IN. $850 will get you a 600 needing all those replacements.
Just left my Lowe’s here in Central New York and both display models are still full price with left over boxed units in back. The only thing discounted at this point are the covers. They’re $29 and $39 for the EX4 and EX6 respectively.

They are all original release date products.

Back