New Genesis in 2023?

Jeme

Good afternoon, new member here, just joined. Sold my old Weber and wanting to purchase a Genesis EX 335 (or similar in the 335 series). I was wondering if Weber will be updating these grills in 2023. I have seen them on sale at many retailers and also at Weber, I did I not want to make the investment and then have an updated model come out weeks later. Does anyone on here know if they will update the Genesis 335 series soon or this summer?

Thanks in advance for the help!

They updated them last year so I doubt it. I went to Ace yesterday and they have a mix of the new and old styles. They are going for around $1K. You could find a deal on a used one if you don't mind giving it a clean up. Probably save over $500 on a newer one.

The previous model Genesis II E335 was on sale at costco for $799. It's hard to beat that price

They updated them last year so I doubt it. I went to Ace yesterday and they have a mix of the new and old styles. They are going for around $1K. You could find a deal on a used one if you don't mind giving it a clean up. Probably save over $500 on a newer one.
I was thinking it has been two years, but don’t expect a totally new Genesis for at least three more years. New colors and options are more likely.

I would love to know what Weber is mulling over for a new gas Summit, which is way overdue for a replacement.

Thanks so much for the help. I was wondering if they were going to change it (Genesis EX/SX 335) because it is on sale and close out everywhere. Any opinion on the grills grates - stainless steel vs porcelain enamel? Thanks so much for your input!

Thanks so much for the help. I was wondering if they were going to change it (Genesis EX/SX 335) because it is on sale and close out everywhere. Any opinion on the grills grates - stainless steel vs porcelain enamel? Thanks so much for your input!
Stainless all the way. The porcelain will crack and then rust.

Who cares if they "change" it? If you like what is there, it performs the way you want, then who cares? Especially if you get a deal. Back many years ago when I bought my Summit Weber was just changing over the the "new improved" one. It was made so cheaply and poorly compared to the first generation, yet I got that one at a marked down price. Why would I not? Styling does not a good appliance make

I guess it depends on the price difference. for the same cost I'd get 9mm stainless rod grates vs the porcelain coated cast iron.

I went from stainless to porcelain enamel cast on my new Weber and prefer the porcelain cast for searing. They hold the heat better and in 2 years, I have no rust or flaking. Possibly less sticking than my stainless. I would only consider the larger diameter stainless grates.

I would love to know what Weber is mulling over for a new gas Summit, which is way overdue for a replacement.
Likewise. I’ve recently convinced myself I need a Summit, the Grill Center specifically. If they update and come out with a blue one, I’mma do something dumb….

Back