New ET-732...any tips before first use?

Mike Willis

TVWBB All-Star
I just ordered a new Maverick ET 732 from Amazon (through TVWBB) and was wondering if anyone has any tips about using it before I break it in. It seems pretty straightforward - I downloaded the manual from Maverick's web site, and I know to never submerge the probe wires in water. Just wonderin' if anyone had a problem with their first time using it.

Thanks in advance!

First use today - I have it in a pork loin I'm smoking for Canadian bacon. Lovin' it so far! However, I think I'm going to do the "slot mod" on the WSM (and probably the kettle, and maybe the SJP!) to spare the wires from getting pinched or crushed.

First use today - I have it in a pork loin I'm smoking for Canadian bacon. Lovin' it so far! However, I think I'm going to do the "slot mod" on the WSM (and probably the kettle, and maybe the SJP!) to spare the wires from getting pinched or crushed.

Good idea! Used mine for the first time a couple of nights ago and forgot that on the gasser you can put the leads on the side but not in the front part of the lid. Kinked one of the probe leads, still works okay but the grinder is coming out today and the mini, performer and gasser are all going to have surgery

Good idea! Used mine for the first time a couple of nights ago and forgot that on the gasser you can put the leads on the side but not in the front part of the lid. Kinked one of the probe leads, still works okay but the grinder is coming out today and the mini, performer and gasser are all going to have surgery

Called a co-worker today. He has a small grinder that he says will do the job. Surgery is tentatively scheduled for next Wednesday....:D

Back