New Damper Options

Darren C.

TVWBB Pro
I've been using a microdamper for many years now and it seems to be on the fritz. I'm sure it's fixable, but I would prefer to either buy or build a new one. I've always liked @WBegg's Adapt-a-damper design. And, I'm aware of the STL files posted here. I don't have a 3d printer. I'm sure I can find a way to order the parts printed. But, as it seems it has a few options for fans and mounting, I'm confused on what parts I need and which files I need to print.

My current damper uses the 1" threaded nipple to connect. And, that works great for me on my Kamado Joe. So, I would like to print that part. But, which RJ45 jack, servo and fan should I buy? I really like the plugs in Adapt-a-damper images as it looks like there might not be any soldering required.

Is anyone selling these premade?

Im not familiar with the Adapt-a-damper, but if you like I can print you a damper with a Adapter board. The Adapter board would let ya use any cat5 cable without modifications to connect the blower and servo. PM me if you are interested.

Im not familiar with the Adapt-a-damper, but if you like I can print you a damper with a Adapter board. The Adapter board would let ya use any cat5 cable without modifications to connect the blower and servo. PM me if you are interested.
I messaged you, just in case you didn’t see it.

Back