New Cred

Finally got to attend a KCBS Certified BBQ Judge class this last weekend up in Georgia. It was a LOT of fun and got to meet a whole bunch of really good folks. Our instructor kept it fun and very informative.

Many thanks to Stephen (instructor), Alexis (who worked her backside off), all the folks who loaded boxes in the kitchen, the table captains (who I am quite sure had a very hard time keeping a straight face watching us), and the guys who cooked all four categories overnight (with the bugs, heat, etc.) just so we could get to judge it.

Really a lot of fun trying to pick out the curve balls they threw at us (illegal garnish, mistakes with portions, pooling/puddling, etc.).

I very highly recommend taking this class at some point if you can. Even though I cook and judge in the FBA, there was plenty of really good information to take away. Now I can't wait to judge/cook my first KCBS competitions.

Russ (notice the addition below)

Russ, congrats on your accomplishment. I have done one KCBS and one IBCA since I became a CBJ. Learned a lot and it has helped with the team. If you haven't been there, look a BBQ critic .com. You can register and judge presentation boxes that are submitted. It is a learning experience also.

Have fun on the trail.

Mark

Back