New Attachment for the 22" kettle soon to be released

EricV.

TVWBB Wizard
Recently I recall someone posting a picture of the new Kamado Joe Kettle Joe. Here is short video describing the unit as well as the middle portion of the grill, "Sloroller" which is designed to fit the Weber 22 kettle as well. It can be seen at the 3:50 mark of the video & has yet to be released.

I posted this new grill a few weeks back, as I have intentions of buying a new grill that can be used as a grill and a dedicated smoker too.
For the same price generally as this KJ you can purchase a new Weber performer premium and a cajun bandit smoker kit for it which will give you the charcoal ring, diffuser plate the ring and 2 extra grates for smoking on. I think that is what the kit is anyways. Or for less money just a master touch with the cajun bandit kit......if you had lots of grills already then this ring may be a cheap way to get a 1 grate smoke option if you had a charcoal ring diffuser setup for it already.
Currently waiting for cajun bandit to open up the international shipping again.

That could really turn a kettle into a single cooking grate WSM. I wonder what the price will be.
I found it on the web-site listed below, available for pre-order $124.99.

So I guess for most people then this is a good option, the doubling up with the cajun bandit for surface area would probably be the main difference, and the extra $100 for the CB.

Using Harvard science this state of the art SloRoller will transform the ordinary kettle BBQ into a smoker by distributing heat in rolling, circulating waves the SloRoller will surround the food in clouds of delicious smoke. This will result in enhanced flavors and significantly reduced hot spots.
They lost me with the science...🤷‍♂️

I saw one thing I did not like. The cooking grate placed on the slow roller was above the top edge.
Other than that one thing, I think it is a quality product and will appeal to a lot of people. KJ has become very innovative as of late.
As for comparison to the Weber kettle, I think I like the design and function of the char ring and diffuser plate on the Master Touch Premium. But then you don't get the benefit of the ceramic insulation. Oh he'll, they are both good!

That thing looks like a PITA to keep clean. Something else to cover in foil I imagine.

It does look interesting, however. Thx for sharing.

Using Harvard science this state of the art SloRoller will transform the ordinary kettle BBQ into a smoker by distributing heat in rolling, circulating waves the SloRoller will surround the food in clouds of delicious smoke. This will result in enhanced flavors and significantly reduced hot spots.
They lost me with the science...🤷‍♂️
Oh, it uses Harvard science... for a minute there I was afraid it used that inferior Stanford science, or bargain-basement MIT science. Now I can buy one with a clear conscience. [/sarcasm]

I heard they took several prototype designs to NASA and put them in wind tunnels to measure the air flow through them.

Back