New 22 inch WSM first Use

Brock Gingery

TVWBB Super Fan
Ok, so my first time using the Weber Smokey Mountain will be tomorrow. Decided to use the first time firing it up as a way to Celebrate my Birthday, which was yesterday.

It will also be my first time hanging Ribs. My younger brother has two racks of spares, and I purchased three racks myself. Each weighs in at about 8 pounds untrimmed. Just finished making my homemade rub that I normally use for boston butts, but will see how it performs on the ribs.

Wish me luck. I'll do my best to document it so I can share photos.

I wish you many cold beers and a very happy birthday. The ribs will all work out. Just drink the beers. 🎁🎉🎊🍻

Where are the ribs?
Hey Eric,
No firedial, no diffuser. My camera failed on me last weekend, and this has been a taxing week for me. I didnt get on here a single time at all because I have not had time. Family issues, vehicle repairs, and a few other snags popped up on me.

The ribs turned out ok, but I know I could have done better. Everyone who tried them at work though thought they were great, and my brother complained about them being too juicy.

Ok, so my first time using the Weber Smokey Mountain will be tomorrow. Decided to use the first time firing it up as a way to Celebrate my Birthday, which was yesterday.

It will also be my first time hanging Ribs. My younger brother has two racks of spares, and I purchased three racks myself. Each weighs in at about 8 pounds untrimmed. Just finished making my homemade rub that I normally use for boston butts, but will see how it performs on the ribs.

Wish me luck. I'll do my best to document it so I can share photos.
I’ve never cooked ribs to what I would consider perfect. That’s why I cook butts more often - I can cook them at 225‘ or 300’ and everyone is happy with the pulled pork!
You did good!

Back