Neopreme Gasket on Genesis

Andy V

TVWBB Member
Is it worth putting a neoprene gasket on the Genesis. It takes awhile for the grill to hit 500. I was wondering if this would be worth the money to get me to 500 faster and maybe reach higher temps.

Another question that should be asked is what are you cooking. If you need to get to 500* then I am assuming that your cooks are relatively fast. If that is the case, then smoke is not really an issue. The purpose for the Noimex is to stop leaks for two purposes, one to help with heat control over the long cooks and to a lesser extent to keep more of the wood smoke to flavor the meat. Let us know what you are cooking and how long and we might be able to answer more intelligently. If you are just trying to reach higher temps searing and shorter cooks then I don't think the Nomex will be of much help. I use Nomex on my WSM but am not sure I would on my Performer. One is for grilling and one is for smoking. Good luck.

Haha this is kid of funny. Was at my buddy's having a few beers and posted this. Can't believe I posted neoprene. A waterproof grill that can wade in the creeks during duck season would be interesting haha. Ya we were trying to figure out how to get the genesis to higher temps for searing steaks.

Back