Neighbors old grill.

Jason in CA

TVWBB All-Star
A brief story about a neighbor's old grill. I'll start out by saying it wasn't my neighbor. It belonged to the neighbor of somebody named Chris A, that many of us know. This was his neighbor's old grill. Anyhow Chris's neighbor decided to get a brand new barbecue. Probably knowing what Chris does he decided to gift his old grill to him. Chris being the kind of person he is decided that that grill should go to a good home and decided to gift it to someone else.. I waited a while before I decided to ask Chris about this just in case somebody needed one. Turns out someone was interested but decided it would just be too much work. Well since that person figured it was too much work Chris contacted me and said it's available, at which time I replied and we set up a time for me to pick up the neighbor's grill. Because the last time I was at my in-laws house I tried to barbecue something on their grill and gave up.

Here's why...
IMG_20201126_104607379_HDR.jpgIMG_20201126_104630395.jpg

Moving along. The grill was in perfect working order. Cosmetically old but functionally great. I grinded down the end caps and fire box inside and out then painted them outside. More work to be done but it can come later because for now there's a job to do.

Here's why,
IMG_20201126_104004537.jpgIMG_20201126_104012229_MP.jpg

Yes, as I write this today is Thanksgiving. And the neighbor's old grill is working fabulous. Chris rest assured it went to a good home and I appreciate it.

Thank you for the grill, and even more for all you do around here and for the community.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!!🍻 Turkey 🦃🦃🦃🦃🦃

Looks great, Jason. Please tell me you are not leaving that beauty in the hands of your in-laws!!! Even though their previous grill was not a Weber, they obviously need to be brought in front of a judge for wanton grill abuse!!! ;)

Nice lookin' bird....happy t-day.

R

Thanks be to Chris, Jason and the neighbor for keeping that fine grill out of the landfill. That actually looks suspiciously like my trussing job on the turkey I have on my grill right now.

Thanks be to Chris, Jason and the neighbor for keeping that fine grill out of the landfill. That actually looks suspiciously like my trussing job on the turkey I have on my grill right now.
Thanks Bruce. Yeah we won't talk about the trussing👍😎

Last edited:
I love this! Thanks for following up with the photos, Jason, I really appreciate seeing how that grill is working out. I'm forwarding this thread to my neighbor so he can see for himself, too. BTW, he's enjoying his new Genesis a lot, so it's a win-win! :)

Here is mine after it came off the grill and I took off the string. But, you can still see the pattern quite well....looks similar to your job. hahahaha

Attachments

• IMG_0016.JPG
    IMG_0016.JPG
    142.4 KB · Views: 4
Looks great, Jason. Please tell me you are not leaving that beauty in the hands of your in-laws!!! Even though their previous grill was not a Weber, they obviously need to be brought in front of a judge for wanton grill abuse!!! ;)

Nice lookin' bird....happy t-day.

R
The plan was always to leave the grill at the inlaws house. But to be fair my Father-in-law got the old one pictured about twenty years ago as a gift from one of his sons. And it was a throw away grill then. It never had a life expectancy beyond a couple of years. At least not for anybody else. But He always took better care of his things than anyone elseI know. Before he passed he had replaced everything on the inside of it at least once. Only he could have kept a throw away grill like that going as long as he did. And the condition you see it in from the pictures came from very minimal use after he replaced things the last time, before he passed. I wish I knew then what I know now. If I had I would have gifted him an old Weber long ago. But now my mother-in-law has a working grill for her to use on hot dogs or steaks if she chooses. In reality it's mostly for us to use when we go there and visit and cook for her.

The plan was always to leave the grill at the inlaws house. But to be fair my Father-in-law got the old one pictured about twenty years ago as a gift from one of his sons. And it was a throw away grill then. It never had a life expectancy beyond a couple of years. At least not for anybody else. But He always took better care of his things than anyone elseI know. Before he passed he had replaced everything on the inside of it at least once. Only he could have kept a throw away grill like that going as long as he did. And the condition you see it in from the pictures came from very minimal use after he replaced things the last time, before he passed. I wish I knew then what I know now. If I had I would have gifted him an old Weber long ago. But now my mother-in-law has a working grill for her to use on hot dogs or steaks if she chooses. In reality it's mostly for us to use when we go there and visit and cook for her.
Great back story, Jason! Glad m-i-l has a classic Weber to use (and you do, too, when you are there.)

R

Back