Need recipe ideas - have the following ingredients

k walsh

TVWBB Super Fan
I am looking for some recipe ideas and I am going to try soliciting recipes from a different angle here. I am going to list the ingredients and cooking hardware that I have available.

Cooking hardware: I am currently living out of my RV as I am looking for a property in the location of my new job while my wife resides back in our home. I have a bbg available, Big Chief smoker, electric smoker similiar to a Bradley but with a maximum temp of 275F. I have a small oven and 3 propane burners.

Ingredients:
moose roast, caribou roast, moose tenderloin, ground moose, ground lamb, fresh halibut, fresh salmon, whole 4lb rainbow trout, cold smoked tuna (albacore)lox, cold smoked salmon (sockeye) lox, elk garlic sausage, hot smoked spring (king) salmon.

Dried peppers:
ancho, guajillo(sp?), cascabel, new mexican red mild, new mexican red - hot, chipotle

I can get all the freash veggies I need for a recipe.

Kalamata olive oil, kalamata olives, feta cheese, and a wide assortment of herbs.

I am asking folks to look at my list and create some recipe ideas for me. I appreciate everyones creativity and input!!!!

Thanks
Ken
Vancouver Island, BC

I'll drive up there with some veggies so I can try some of that great meat and fish. Albacore lox--wow I'm intrigued.

I'd make some chili using the ground moose and ground lamb and/or some chunks of the roast. Use the New Mexico chilis and server over rice and beans. Just need some onions and canned chopped tomatoes and some garlic etc.

Grill some halibut with salt and pepper. Chop Kalmata olives, feta, olive oil, garlic, mint and lemon juice to make a salsa to go on top. Serve on bed of greens.

Smoke the rainbow trout. filet it and cure the skin-on fillets for 3 hours in mix of kosher salt and brown sugar, rinse, dry, smoke for 2.5 hours. Eat with crackers and jalapeno/marionberry jelly or something like that.

Try some pot roast with the moose--I like to add a can of tomatoes or some tomato sauce to the traditional pot roast ingredients onions, carrots, celery, potatoes, mushrooms...

Thanks for the ideas Chris!!!

The tuna lox is fantastic!

Many here prefer it to the sockeye salmon lox we can get. It has a very mild taste with a fantastic texture.

A local cannery produces the product from fresh tuna I brought in. I believe they also might sell it in a nitrogen package that doesn't require refrigeration and can be shipped. If you are interested in me checking that out let me know.

I did hot smoke some of the rainbows. I always use the simple dry brine of equal parts coarse salt and brown sugar like you had mentioned.

Thanks
Ken

You have the perfect meat combo for a tourtiere. recipe. Just sub the beef and pork with the moose and lamb and maybe chop up some of the elk. If you can get some bear that is great to. My wife's aunts in Northern Ontario used to make it all the time. Being a southern(Ontario) boy I wasn't to familiar with wild game cooking but I loved this. First time I had it I thought it was a normal meat pie with beef and pork. They got a good laugh from the look on my face when they told me what was in it. But I had seconds and thirds.

Hey , thanks Bob!

Funny you mention the bear meat because I was just talking to someone who wants to trade me bear for some of my moose!

Back