So there is TONS of info on this site and I could read through it for days to determine what the optimal setup for my situation is or I could ask you fine people and hope to get an honest response. So here's the deal. I have a fully stock WSM 18 that I've had for about 7 years now and I'm ready to kick it up a notch. After looking at the different systems that are available for automatic temperature control, I've settled on the HeaterMeter due to its functionality, support base, and cost. However, I need some basic advice before I start buying the peripheral stuff. Here is my criteria for what's important to me:
- Will fit a WSM 18 and be able to be taken off and put on quickly and easily between uses
- Will be durable (I want something I can rely on, I’d rather have bulletproof than bells and whistles
- Which blower/damper combination will work best for my setup and why? And who is the best person to get them from? Remember I'm looking for durable and reliable, not cheap.
- What's the best way to attach it? I'm very handy and have an extensive set of tools (but no 3D printing capabilities).
- What probes do you recommend? Please be specific for pit probe and meat probe. I have THESE already.
- Is there anybody that you recommend to get these parts from? Anybody to stay away from? (PM me this if you want)