Need a little help please

Bill W San Diego

TVWBB Super Fan
Can you put a Smokey Joe Sliver on the grates of a S-330 Genesis and still close the lid of the Genesis? Thanks in advance for your help.

Bill

Well 32 views and no replies, I must not be making myself clear enough. I have a friend that cooks with gas and would like to try charcoal. I suggested trying a Smoky Joe to start and if he liked it he could move up to a larger unit. He was concerned as to where to keep the SJ when not in use, ( keeping it out of the weather and having the smallest footprint possible ) I was thinking just set the SJ on the greats of his Genesis and close the lid. That would keep it out of the weather and no foot print. However, not owning a SJ I didn't know if it would fit inside the Genesis. Can anybody help?

Bill

Can you put a Smokey Joe Sliver on the grates of a S-330 Genesis and still close the lid of the Genesis? Thanks in advance for your help. Bill
I just picked up a S330 and my guess is, the SJS might fit, if you laid it on it's side

That said, having (now) a S330 and already a SJS, there's no way I'd put my SJS in my S330, fit or not :p

Thanks for the impute guys. Eric, I think that sounds like a solution. ChuckO, firing a SJS up inside a Genesis is not what he would do. Only store the SJS inside the Genesis. Anyway, thanks for you help guys it's appreciated.

Bill

Maybe he could cover it with a trash bag & put it under the Genesis? Or some other place. Smokey Joe is tiny.

Back