Neapolitan pizza 🍕 dough, old school style

Does the light cycle on and off to maintain heat?
Yes. I have an Inkbird temperature controller connected to it that switches the light on and off. Based on how fast it heats up and the overshoot (<2.0F) I could probably get by with a 25w bulb, but 40w is what I had on hand.

Fresh ice pack...ON at 70F, 40 secs, OFF at 71F, overshoot to 71.3F. I'll have to get the cycle time next time.

Last edited:
Not sure if this helps, but I have an Ooni Pizza oven and there is an app in the app store called the PizzaApp. You can enter dough ball size, number of balls, and room temp, and it spits out the amount of flour, salt, yeast, water and rise time.

Here is another racket:

Here is another racket:

Interesting. 62% hydration dough ready in 2-4 hours. Flavorless?

I guess some people just want damn simple easy and this is it.

Clearly I’m the stupid one for not selling any recipes or products. I’m sure he sells a bunch of this. There are plenty of people that would buy a just add water product for their weekend fun. Thanks for that share!

Not sure if this helps, but I have an Ooni Pizza oven and there is an app in the app store called the PizzaApp. You can enter dough ball size, number of balls, and room temp, and it spits out the amount of flour, salt, yeast, water and rise time.
Thank you. I think @DanHoo just shared this over the weekend. I’m just in a different rabbit hole right now and around 29’ deep into it.

Fingers crossed my dough actually works. I should have time tonight to try my experiment.

Clearly I’m the stupid one for not selling any recipes or products. I’m sure he sells a bunch of this. There are plenty of people that would buy a just add water product for their weekend fun. Thanks for that share!
Case in point, Brett, my mother in law brought me this and asked me to make it for her.....

201-071714_FOB5B15D.png.jpeg

I'm a good son in law, so I did....

1652796392308.jpeg

I won't be using this for my weekly bread, however. :) I didn't get a taste of the loaf since she wanted it for a dinner she was hosting, but she wants me to show her how to make it, so I'll get another shot. If it has flavor, I am sure it's from an additive! :)

For every one of us here on this forum, who enjoy the effort that goes into cooking, there are probably 50 who just want the "easy" button. Which is fine if it works for them. ...and, hey, I've made plenty of cakes, cookies, brownies, rice, Mac/cheese, etc. out of a box. Sometimes easy is easy. :)

It's quite the marketing scheme, geared for "Plug & Play" type of individuals. My only regret is that I didn't think of it!

Case in point, Brett, my mother in law brought me this and asked me to make it for her.....

View attachment 50846

I won't be using this for my weekly bread, however. :) I didn't get a taste of the loaf since she wanted it for a dinner she was hosting, but she wants me to show her how to make it, so I'll get another shot. If it has flavor, I am sure it's from an additive! :)
"Homemade sourdough bread" in less than an hour, without kneading? I'll bet they sell a lot of it.

I need to invent an "Authentic Texas-style Brisket in less than an hour" product. It'd make a fortune.

"Homemade sourdough bread" in less than an hour, without kneading? I'll bet they sell a lot of it.

I need to invent an "Authentic Texas-style Brisket in less than an hour" product. It'd make a fortune.
We've strayed from Brett's post (sorry Brett), but you're a bit late, Grant.....

1652802604247.png

Dough balls looks spectacular. Hope they cook well! Ahhahahahah

1652838991536.jpeg

1652839023242.jpeg

Seasoned my steel

1652839046168.jpeg

Good dump of some JD and KPro. Going to add pecan wood as they’re sized correctly.

1652905017320.jpeg

1652839131333.jpeg

Almost to temp

1652839212125.jpeg

Last edited:

Back