National Mac and Cheese Day!

Dwain Pannell

TVWBB Hall of Fame
SWMBO whipped up some of her home made Mac N Cheese in honor of National Mac N Cheese Day.

To compliment the event I went with Cornish Hens with Orange-Curry Glaze though I did substitute some ingredients making it my own. For the pepper in the rub I used Penzy's Florida Pepper and omitted the salt because I brined the spatchcocked hens in a quart of water and 3.5 oz of Kosher salt. For the glaze I substituted orange-pineapple juice for the orange juice, apricot preserves for orange marmalade, and Maker's Mark for the Scotch whiskey.

We also found a nice zucchini in our garden that we turned into zucchini parmesan crisps. Have a great National Mac N Cheese Day folks!

Wait...what?! There's an actual National Mac & Cheese Day and I never knew of its existence? All these years I've missed it?! I might have to celebrate a National Mac & Cheese month just to make up for all this lost time. Awesome looking food, by the way.

Your cornish hens with mac n cheese looks delish. Sorry that I missed Mac n Cheese Day.
Tomorrow I will make up for it, having my favorite combo of smoked sausage with mac n cheese.
A well deserved national day by the way!

That looks great. Can you post the Mac and cheese recipe please? It looks awesome.

Make a Béchamel with butter, flour, milk, salt, and pepper. Add cheese to make a sauce. She used cheddar, gouda, and cream cheese. Then toss in some cooked noodles and walla - Mac N Cheese! Sometimes she adds pulverized Ritz crackers toasted in butter on top and browns it in the oven but we didn't do that this time.

There are things that I cant stop eating (the control switch shuts down)...the first two are mac&cheese and tacos.

Back