My new to me Q200

_Branden_

TVWBB Fan
I’ve been wanting a Q forever and found a great one today for $50. It’s from 2013 and came with a cart and brand new 20lb propane tank that is FULL. Score! He even threw in a never used Cuisine Art grill brush. This is going to be a personal grill so just a good cleaning and thermometer install and she is ready for steaks.

23926D1E-77B0-46CF-849E-2EC210DC6FDC.jpeg8E54B0B0-6B6C-4189-A2A3-CE32960F874A.jpeg2CBA2DB3-4DFC-41FB-B08F-1C87D9FCAA00.jpeg

Yah, they are great for 2-3 people. I have one on my deck that gets used probably more than my Genesis 1000.

This will be used for camping and lazy winter work night cooks when I need to whip up burgers or chicken for the family.

For years all I had was a Q200. Awesome little grill. Really nice that you got a full bottle of gas too!

If you are keeping the existing burner, you should probably take it off....clean it really well with cleaner then some sandpaper. I use a dental pick to unplug the little burner holes, but you could also use a drill bit. Then either shake it out really well or use air to blow the inside of the tube clean.
I'd also clean both sides of the grates with an angle grinder and cup brush then coat well with cooking oil.

If you get the itch to paint the lid, there are some different ideas for colors on this thread:
Bruce and Dave also have some pictures of their paint jobs if you search around.

I had an extra laying around so I figured I’d see if the bezel fit. Sure enough it’s perfect. I just need to makes sure the thermometer is accurate.

Yah, those thermometers are rarely accurate. They should be used more as an estimation or trend than a real internal grill grate level temp.

Yes sir. I have hacked several thermometers into Q grills that didn't have them.
t0sG1c6.jpg

Congrats and welcome to the Q-series fam!
I use my Q220 often for burgers, chicken because it heats up quick, sips propane and is the right size to cook for our fam of 4.
I agree that dome thermometers are just an estimate, even on low my Q220 is at least 250 at the grate.

Back