My First Oklahoma Smash Burgers

Anthony Hunter

TVWBB Fan
Hey y'all, I had to work today so I didn't have time to do a big smoke like I usually do on Labor Day, but I was able to get some Oklahoma Smash Burgers in. I have never done any kind of smash burger before but these came out delicious. I cooked on my Weber Kettle using the cast iron griddle that came with my gas stove. I didn't think I was ever going to use it again because it just splashed too much grease around and I don't like foiling the stove just to use the griddle. The griddle fit nicely in the center of the 22" kettle and it worked like charm. I took a few pics along the way and here they are...

The griddle fit great on the 22" kettle...
IMG_7834.jpeg

I buttered up some brioche buns and toasted them. One got a little dark but it was all good...
IMG_7837.jpeg

I fried up some bacon to go on the burgers. Not completely Oklahoma style but here in Indy, you just gotta have some bacon! 😊
IMG_7840.jpeg

I put some Duke's mayo on the bottoms and Sweet Baby Ray's Vadalia Onion bbq sauce on the tops, then I put the bacon on the tops too...
IMG_7842.jpeg IMG_7846.jpeg

Double patty smash burgers with onion and American cheese slices on the bottoms...
IMG_7849.jpeg

Here's the finished plate with a nice Bell's Two Hearted Ale to help wash it all down...
IMG_7858.jpeg

I haven't had smash burgers in a minute, next Sunday I have to change that.

Did you go double or triple burger. It looks like you got a great seat on those burgers.
I did doubles. I didn't get pics of the burgers on the griddle because it was really hot and I was scared take a shot because they had to come off so quick. Rookie fears! 🤣

Back