My first meeting with Mr. Brown

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregg Reavis

TVWBB Member
I picked up my WSM earlier in the week and decided to make my first attempt at Mr. Brown on Saturday. Despite a bit of rain in the morning, it went off without a hitch. In short the barbecue was a triumph! Initially, my wife wasn't too thrilled with the purchase. However, the results changed her mind :^)

I certainly am glad I found this site when I was thinking about a smoker. Otherwise I might have made the mistake of buying a Brinkman =:-0

Gregg,
Congratulations on you first cook and welcome to the forum. I'm sure you and your wife will be very happy with your new cooker. /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

rj

Gregg,

I'm with you man. I wanted a big, huge, monster Klose or Gator Pit offset firebox grill. But, my wife was upset with my desire to spend $2,500 on "a toy" (how dare she use that language) when I give her a hard time for buying a suit.

Now, I won't get into the fact that she HAS 150 suits, because that would make me bitter and angry /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

Anyway, I researched smaller models. I read up on the Big Green Egg and the Brinkman and the WSM and far and away the people recommended the WSM even at the cheaper price (compared to the Egg). So I got it and have made my family want dinner at my house each weekend.

And now, the wife wants me to buy the big boy, which means I have to purchase a new patio first, so, in a lot of ways I curse the Weber to HELL /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif .

Gregg,

Congratulations on the Mr Brown succcess, I just made my first butt this weekend also and it was amazing.

Art,

Ask you wife if you can buy 2 or 3 more WSMs instead, save on patio space and she will have lots of extra $$$ to spend on new suits. /infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Tim

Thanks for the welcome. The last of Mr. Brown was consumed tonight. /infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif

The decision now is what to try during Easter. It might be another Mr. Brown or it might be a brisket. I'm leaning toward the brisket because I've never had one.

I think buying the WSM was a good decision. I really wanted to build a brick barbecue pit, but my backyard isn't really suited for it. After my first Mr. Brown, I'm definitely sold on my WSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back