Mushroom Pot Pie

Peter Gallagher

TVWBB Wizard
Tried something a little different and made a mushroom pot pie yesterday.

50637067373_3f39495b3d_c.jpg

Cut up a bunch of veggies and roasted about half way done on the gaser....

50637063423_7b4f717452_c.jpg

while those were cooking, I whipped up a little roux , and then combined everything .......

50637891047_3c1c818049_c.jpg

plopped a little puff pastry dough on top and baked it on the 22 for about 40 minutes.....

50637804316_7ca21e1f7c_c.jpg

...and done! - it was pretty good - it seemed to be missing something.... like maybe some beef! it was a nice change of pace and sort of fun too.. I haven't wrangled with puff pastry that much

50637052568_d49141c9a5_c.jpg

That looks delicious, Peter! A great rainy day meal for sure. Since I don't have any strict vegetarians in the house, I think I'd probably make this with beef base, mixed a bit on the strong side to incorporate some of that beefy flavor. Thanks for the idea!

R

Like the concept Peter. With all the different veggies I don't normally use in my pot pies that are available especially the squash varieties in the fall and winter it opens up a lot of possibilities. You have me thinking about some new ways to do pot pies.
Nice out of the box cook.

That looks outstanding Peter. I'd plow through a plate of that in a heartbeat. Wrangled is a good word for puff pastry. Actually, I've gone to a regular pie crust topping. It doesn't look as nice though and looks to me like you nailed yours.

That's not a meal, that's a Banquet! Well, not really.;)

I'd also tend toward adding some beef but I do see a Swanson can hiding in the back...chicken broth or stock?

Well I have to say that looks great. You say it was missing something and since I don't like mushrooms I would agree that it is missing beef, chicken, turkey and pork :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking yesterday that the leftover Mississippi roast that I have would make a good filling for pot pie or hand pies.

I agree with puff pastry. I rarely make my own and have become lazy about even using the frozen stuff. Last recipe that called for it I grabbed a can of Pillsbury bisquits and rolled those out for the top

Back