Mother's Day - Pork Loin

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Happy belated Mother's Day to all the mom @ TVWBB

We're still on lock down here on the left coast, getting groceries is still a challenge after nearly two months. I had a choice between a 3LBS untrimmed Tri-Tip for a mere $21 or a 3LBS Pork Loin for $6

$2 a pound for PL is goofy, but $7 a pound for TT is just plain nuts...rant over, thank you for the moment

Garlic slices embedded

QRqComf.jpg

Dijon mustard & Montreal steak seasoning

ZZ0UWjG.jpg

Sodas

1aCeLP6.jpg

Taters

ZboQAve.jpg

Corn on the cob (26" comes out of 2+ year hibernation)

Jo6qAH3.jpg

The Glaze: cover the bottom with balsamic vinegar, add brown sugar & more Dijon mustard

pppCqky.jpg

Apply glaze at 135 degrees

HpnJ0sO.jpg

UbtPkk2.jpg

Pull from pit at 140

nTf0dqf.jpg

Rest for 20 minutes

LHzdgLj.jpg

Happy Mother's Day

4MeeqUT.jpg

2nds

ifoKUkC.jpg

Hope everyone is safe & sound in these crazy times

Very nice cook Chuck. Yeah, it's crazy and I don't think it's not going to get any better any time soon.

Oh, yeah, Chuck!! That loin looks primo (and, for the record, I'd be happy to pay $2/lb for PL!) The 26'er makes a good corn cookin' machine huh? I'm preparing for a Spring purge of my grill collection, and I think I'll end up with just the 26'er and WSM22 (sending one off to college with kid #2, and the rest will find new homes.) Oh, and I don't think I've ever put Montreal steak seasoning on a PL, so thanks for that inspiration! :)

R

Trimmed TT would be OK, but untrimmed means you'll actually be spending about twice the price once you cut away the fat cap on the TT

I pay $12.99/lb at my nearby Wegman's. Can get it for about half that at Trader Joe's, but there is a huge difference in quality. The Wegman's TT's are very well trimmed, nicely marbled Angus. But that price is tough to swallow.

Back