Monday Night Cookball

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
today, did a similar cook to Sean's post... however, my bath included beer.
Started with four large <STRIKE>country</STRIKE> NATION style pork ribs... seasoned with BBQ 3000.
Got the 26" kettle set-up out of today's wind...
DSCN7577.JPG
DSCN7580.JPG

...and away we go!
DSCN7574.JPG

cookin' these for 'bout 3 hours or so...
DSCN7583.JPG

Yup. That's a bone nexto'um smokin'.... a dog's gotta have something too ya know.
DSCN7582.JPG

While they're cookin', i got a bath ready for'um. Made of beer and assorted barbecue sauces.
DSCN7589.JPG

about two hours into this cook, i sliced up a red onion, oiled it and set them over the heat...
DSCN7595.JPG

...and the all-seasoned-up potatoes were also readied for the oven...
DSCN7596.JPG

Meanwhile, the pork ribs were submerged then covered.
DSCN7591.JPG

while the onions were cookin' away...
DSCN7600.JPG

the ribs... (remember those?) well,
DSCN7608.JPG

...they were taken out of the bath and put over direct heat.
DSCN7603.JPG

Aaahhhh.
When the taters were done in the oven, and after bright green Brussels were steamed to nearly perfection, dinner was plated and served.
DSCN7610.JPG

DSCN7611.JPG

this is about the time i'd hear my Uncle Richie (from Pulaski, Wisconsin) say, <span class="ev_code_GREY">"C'mon, Let's EET"</span>!

Thank you all for dealing with my fun
icon_smile.gif

Good eats for good ball night! Man that wind is kickin that flag straight! Thank God for the Grillin Gazebo!

Wow Jim, no bones about it this cook just blew me away!
Perfect looking NSR's, and love the sauce mixology too!

Hope the wind has calmed by now and stays that way.

thanks you guys
icon_smile.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> tell me you didn't give the dog the marrow? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>ok, i didn't

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">tell me you didn't give the dog the marrow?!?! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I thought the same thing. I'd fight a dog for that bone!
icon_biggrin.gif

I love the process pics Jim. Another super-winner BBQ dinner my friend.

Jim those look fantastic, and you have totally spoiled your dog!! Course I am not the biggest fan of marrow so I will let the others fight with your dog for that while I try and steal me some NSR's hehe.

Back