Mid 2000's Genesis Gold - looking for side burner

Allen Sharar

TVWBB Super Fan
I picked up a genesis gold from the mid 2000's (solid bottom tray) awhile back which was in pretty good shape - almost no rust which I know can be a problem with these. Cleaned up good, high temp paint in a couple areas and put in new burners, flavorizers and grates. It was missing the side burner, but clearly had one at some point - maybe broken, lost, who knows. I wound up dropping in an extra shelf section for the time being. Just wondering if anyone might have an extra that they'd be willing to part with? The replacement cost is pretty high - better off just looking for a grill for sale/parts. Thanks....

Depending on your budget and how far you are willing to drive, and assuming you are talking about the Genesis Silver series grill circa 2000-2005, donor grills pop up regularly on Craig's List, OfferUp, and Facebook Marketplace. Here's one on CL for $60:

1652565454300.png

That's pretty close and I might have to check it out - thanks, Ed! Kind of wanted to avoid getting a whole other grill, but maybe I can flip it.

You're welcome! This one has a less often found RH swing table that someone might want to buy if you aren't interested it it. Also note the curved front edge on the tables and black end caps which were on the later Silvers...the earlier grills in this series (2000 - 2003ish ?) have a squared front edge and grey end caps...just a point of distinction if you are interested in the tables.

Last edited:
Here is one for sale on CL in Minneapolis. He only wants $20 for it and he might be willing to ship it to you if you pay for the burner plush shipping charges.

Look around your area on the day before and on your trash pick up day. They are at the curb often......

Thought I'd give this a bump - if anyone has an older Genesis (early 2000's) that they're parting out - looking for a replacement side burner. I've seen quite a few genesis come up on craigslist, but really don't have the room to store another grill. Please PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks...

Thought I'd give this a bump - if anyone has an older Genesis (early 2000's) that they're parting out - looking for a replacement side burner. I've seen quite a few genesis come up on craigslist, but really don't have the room to store another grill. Please PM me if you have one to sell. Thanks...
Might be easiest to simply find one with a burner, swap the parts and sell the one that originally had the burner

I don't know the part # of the one you need, but I see Weber side burners listed on eBay all the time. If you don't want to go the donor grill route, keep an eye out on eBay.

That's pretty close and I might have to check it out - thanks, Ed! Kind of wanted to avoid getting a whole other grill, but maybe I can flip it.
I’d take the right swing table if you’ll ship to VA.

That goes for anyone out there w a round edge, 2004+ right swing table.

Back