Mexican Carnitas

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
Past few weeks been crazy with family stuff, work and travel and have not had time to post or do much cooking. I apologize for all the great cooks I know I missed.
Anyhow, decided to make traditional Carnitas and this is how it went. Four pounds pork shoulder cubed, one and a half pounds of pork belly cubed, along with all the bones and Kosher and fresh ground. In a pot with chicken stock to simmer in its own fat and juices for about three hours. Last half hour with the top off to reduce quite a bit.

DSC04211_zpsojy1rxdr.jpg

Made two toppings for tonight, first one is a version of Pico Di Gallo Verde. Made with Tomatillo's, red onion, Chili de Arbols, fresh mint, cilantro and garlic.
Second was Guacamole with heavy diced plum tomato presence, white onion, cilantro, Kosher, garlic and more Chili's

DSC04207_zpsysmdsnif.jpg

DSC04208_zpspihjzcz6.jpg

DSC04212_zpssmduptqv.jpg

Carne in the CI on the Genny, using lid up to stir and then lid down. You add some of the juices and fry them until evaporated and starting to brown with some nice burnt bits in the mix

DSC04213_zpsimdauh4u.jpg

Tacos on

DSC04214_zps6ugucdje.jpg

On the table, a more tender pork does not exist.

DSC04217_zpspxtwn3ia.jpg

Take care and happy Fathers Day to all on the board, have a great weekend

Bill

Dam Bill, authentic carnitas tacos right there, great cook,recipe, and pictures.
Thanks for posting.

Bill, you out did yourself again. Man that is one delicious looking plate of food. Happy Fathers Day to you also.

Beautiful, Bill! I have a big blade roast that I was hoping to try something new with. This might be it. Thanks for sharing.

Back