Memorial Day Cook using all 3 of my main grills

MikeLucky

TVWBB Pro
So, I've thinned my Weber herd a bit from 10 to 6 since we're looking to downsize very soon. My main 3 grills now are my '99 SS Performer Redhead, Q1200, and 14 WSM.

Started with appetizers: homemade salsa, bean dip, and Hiland French Onion dip and deviled eggs.

YyZcR4r.jpg

Then the overnight marinated chicken wings on the WSM. Marinade was a bottle of Louisiana Wing Sauce, half a bottle of BWW Medium sauce, some olive oil, champagne vinegar, and my spice rub.

V08JJuA.jpg

Then I needed to start the chili for the Bar S quarter pound hot dogs.

Beef on first...

hpGuO42.jpg

ibWk0bm.jpg

Then beans and spices added before it was left to simmer.

pz4f8PH.jpg

Then the baked potatoes go on the Q. I skewer and bake at around 400 degrees and I have found the skewer helps cook the potatoes from the inside as well making them much more evenly cooked and very fluffy throughout without scorching the skins. Takes about 40 minutes as well which is quicker with using the skewer.

kZAcJ6z.jpg

Wings got all moved to lower rack and jalapeno poppers got added to top rack.

NmfwEjZ.jpg

Quarter Pound Bar S dogs go on with the simmering chili.

CjNNCQY.jpg

Poppers get glazed: mix of Frank's Red Hot Wings, Head Country Chipotle BBQ Sauce, and Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce.

iISM2oR.jpg

Pulled everything and it was time for dinner

BRcd5KG.jpg

ZKUNPqj.jpg

dCKJZw6.jpg

QpxcYlC.jpg

Oh, and finished it all off with small jar no-bake cherry cheesecake desserts

x166c7Z.jpg

All in all a great day with the wife and kids. After dinner we watched Saving Private Ryan. Great Memorial Day weekend finish. God bless those that gave the ultimate sacrifice and God Bless America.

Wow, Mike, you crushed that! All the grub looks great, and chili dogs are a great way to go with Memorial Day! Thanks in particular for the skewered potato trick, I'll tuck that one away in my tool drawer!

R

Thanks guys.

Wow, Mike, you crushed that! All the grub looks great, and chili dogs are a great way to go with Memorial Day! Thanks in particular for the skewered potato trick, I'll tuck that one away in my tool drawer!

R

Yeah, Weber sells potato nails that are for this purpose but since I haven't found them locally to buy when I think about it, I just used a skewer instead and it works great.

Next best thing to full day of cooking on all of my grills..... Leftovers for lunch the next day.

Quarter pound Bar S dog, chili, 505 hatch green chilies, mustard.

kHlgkA0.jpg

Some very nice cooks there Mike. The chili dogs made my knees weak (y) I used to have a set of potato nails year ago, not Weber's but they worked great. I kind of forgot all about them.

Back