Maverick Problem

Paul H

TVWBB Gold Member
I had a food probe on my ET73 go HHH on me today. Does that mean the probe is kaput and I need a new one or what???
icon_confused.gif

If you have other probes that work with the ET73, then I'd say yes, that probe is gone. You can order replacements from Maverick here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by paul h:
I had a food probe on my ET73 go HHH on me today. Does that mean the probe is kaput and I need a new one or what???
icon_confused.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
It could be that you just exceeded the operating temp range. Or it could be you fried it.

Have you gotten water in the joint between the wire and the probe? (that will do it) If so, put it in the fridge a few days and then try it again.

We should not have a Maverick problem after next tuesday.....

sorry - could not resist
icon_biggrin.gif

Vote early
Vote often
Vote Irish
Vote O'Bama

Perfect opportunity to order a set of heavy duty as well as longer ones while you're at it instead of the exact replacement. Well worth the extra $$.

crumbs, I just ordered 2 new probes for each of my mavericks, and didn't know they had heavy duty ones.

I blew both original probes out searing a 1" delmonico. I won't make that mistake again. sear first, probe second (once you're on indirect heat).

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by j biesinger:
crumbs, I just ordered 2 new probes for each of my mavericks, and didn't know they had heavy duty ones.

I blew both original probes out searing a 1" delmonico. I won't make that mistake again. sear first, probe second (once you're on indirect heat). </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Probe first (indirect heat), remove probe... SEAR.
icon_biggrin.gif

Back