Marks random grilling pics.

M Mason

TVWBB Fan
i-tN22rm3-L.jpg

i-tFKxCKF-L.jpg

i-L3756Qf-L.jpg

i-LkzRkx7-L.jpg

i-6Lmn63K-L.jpg

You work as a professional photographer, right? I love your helper in the background.

I do not. I figure that if I start doing in for money, it's not any fun anymore.

The helper is my dog "Mason". We rescued him when he was a little pupper. We didn't have the heart to change his name, so "Mason Mason" it remains. that was 14 years ago. He's been a wonderful dog.

Thank you for the compliment though. (y)

Do you place your smokey joe on you full size kettle to cook?

I do. I have a couple of the 22" kettles. I figure it's pretty safe to put the little one on the grill of the bigger one in case something goes wrong. I don't want sparks getting lose these days. It is set on concrete, but one cannot be too careful in Oregon right now. I also hose down the yard around the area just to be sure.

Picked up a new Craigslist score for free. Needed some new grates, but works great! I'll clean her up better this winter when I make some room in my garage.

Part # 3721001. Spirit E310. Does anyone know of anything I should know about this particular grill?

Not my best photo work (Cell phone).

i-zCSQNmj-X2.jpg

i-44gv3DJ-X2.jpg

i-FKSpvcK-X2.jpg

Might need a new drip pan, or at least a good solid cleanin'.

Last edited:
Wow, Mark. Absolutely stunning shots. I especially love the most recent one. What are you using to get those?

(Btw, welcome home...read your sig.)

Wow, Mark. Absolutely stunning shots. I especially love the most recent one. What are you using to get those?

(Btw, welcome home...read your sig.)
Thank you!

The good ones are shot with a Canon 7D MkII with a 24-70 f2.8 L II lens.

Wow, these are fantastic. Not easy to get good grilling or food pics, and these aren’t just good, they’re great.

Wonderful photos. That is a sweet lens. I'm looking at something similar, but with my limited experience, I'm going slow.
Thank you!

You can't go wrong with "fast L glass". Big aperture, and high quality lens elements. Between the 24-70 f2.8 and the 70-200 f2.8 IS, I don't feel like there's much I can't do.

Back