March Madness Munchies

• Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I have followed this board almost daily for two years but this is the first time I've ever posted.

This year for my pre-game feast I would love to serve riblets, like the ones you get at Applebees. Other than eating them there I have never seen them anywhere. Is there a supplier somewhere that ships? Are the little things worth it? I've only been Qing seriously for about a year. Need to know if the product is worth the search.

I've only had those once, and I'm trying to remember...are they the ones with the little "button" bones inside the meat? If so, they're called "flatbone" or "button bone" riblets, cut from the backbone after the ribs. The diagram on Ribman.com shows their location.

If this is what you're after, I'd look in the Yellow Pages for wholesale meat suppliers and see if they've got them...but you'd probably have to buy a whole case of 'em.

I didn't think they were very good eating compared to loin backs or spares, but only you can decide whether the search is worth it.

Regards,
Chris

P.S. It's about time you started posting! /infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Welcome aboard George,
Up here we get spares that are sold as 'sweet and sour cut' their basically spares that are cut into two or three strips. You could ask your butcher to do that for ya and cook 'em yourself. Of course your cook time will be a lot less and they will definately be better than buying pre-made's. If you want a good dry rib try Chris' dry rib recipe and for small cut ribs your probably looking at about 3-4 hour cook time @220*. Serve sauce on the side and you'll-be-da-man! Are you cooking on a bullet?

Dave

Thanks for the ideas. My WSM is on order but I have several hot water tank home-mades. My goal is to expand my small sports get-togethers into a catering business one day.

The "button bone" riblets or perhaps the "sweet and sour" cuts (interesting) are just the sort of finger food my friends and I are looking for. Thanks again for the input. It will be fun posting with you all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back