Manifold fior Genesis Platinum B

JoeB

I am searching for a manifold for Genesis Platinum B. Are there any other manifolds that are interchangeable with a Platinum B's?

Joe, you can't really run Propane on a NG manifold or vice versa.....Well, you can, but it is highly discouraged.

Its originally a NG grill. I can switch the whole manifold out from NG to propane without a problem correct? Will a propane manifold fit?

If you have either one you can change the orifices to run either gas.Parts are available from suppliers on this forum. You will need three. check out som you tube vidios on hand drilling the orifices. piece of cake really.

LP and NG manifolds are different. Valves and orifices are different
Listen to Larry. Don't listen to anyone that thinks it's easy peasy. It's not. A quick search of the gasser forum will confirm it. Decide which fuel you want to use on the grill, then hopefully one the reabbers will be able to help you.

You are looking for one of the following depending upon which fuel you want to use:

LP: Weber Part No. 90373 Manifold for liquid propane Genesis Gold-B and Platinum-B grills. USA version.

or

NG: Weber Part No. 90383 Manifold for natural gas Genesis Gold-B and Platinum-B grills. USA version.

Those manifolds fit the 2000-01 model years.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not looking to drill orifices - I can use either propane or NG - just need to find a readily available used manifold. Just need a donor grill now.

Thanks for the responses. I'm not looking to drill orifices - I can use either propane or NG - just need to find a readily available used manifold. Just need a donor grill now.
Assuming, nobody on tvwbb.com can help you, keep an eye out for an old Genesis x000. I know the part nos. are different. I know the x000 is a 13 bar grill vs. your 5 bar grill. However, Weber.com says both the x000 and your grill take the same burner tube set. So the horizontal spacing and placement of the burners must be the same for both grills. Perhaps the only difference is vertically, allowing for 1 row of flavor bars vs 2 rows? So shorter-stemmed knobs might be required? If you see a beat up x000 for $20-30 it might be worth taking a chance if the manifold is in good shape.

Back