Manhattan clam chowder

looks good.

I grew up with new-england clam chowder, but that looks really tasty.
out of my own curiosity, have you ever heard of an tried Manhattan clam chowder? The NE version is what 99% of restaurants serve, except those places in NY/NYC proper.

we grew up on the Manhattan style and have come to enjoy NE style, especially in a sourdough bowl (Boudin in SF).

That’s not Manhattan Clam Chowder, that’s EDH Clam Chowder.

Looks very tasty
it's basically clams, crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. some version use white wine. if anyone's interested, I can build and post the recipe.

it's hearty and not heavy like the cream version can be. i had two jumbo bowls of it last night.

out of my own curiosity, have you ever heard of an tried Manhattan clam chowder? The NE version is what 99% of restaurants serve, except those places in NY/NYC proper.

we grew up on the Manhattan style and have come to enjoy NE style, especially in a sourdough bowl (Boudin in SF).
I recall having it once at a restaurant when I was a kid and everyone was surprised when it arrived since we were accustomed to new england style chowder.

I don't' remember much more as this was probably 50 years ago.

it's basically clams, crushed tomatoes and chicken stock. some version use white wine. if anyone's interested, I can build and post the recipe.

it's hearty and not heavy like the cream version can be. i had two jumbo bowls of it last night.

Yes please

I think I've had Manhattan clam chowder in a restaurant a few times in my life. I know I like it, but don't see it too often on a menu. I also know for sure I've had Campbell's. I love making my own soup so I will give this a try soon.Screenshot_20240926-153448.png

Back