Mango Tango Pork Chops

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Joan posted this recipe a while back and I've been wanting to try it. I'm a big fan of tropical fruit - particularly mango, guava and papaya; so this one was of particular interest. I also did a chicken breast for the (ahem) non pork lovers in the house. Boiled/reduced the marinade and used it as a glaze and also made up some mango salsa to up the mango even more. This is a really good recipe and got thumbs up all around the table. Served w/ black beans and C-O-C.

A couple nice, bone-in, center cut, chops just before they hit the grill.

1593826298194.jpeg

First turn, first glaze.

1593826361559.jpeg

Final glaze, finishing indirect.

1593826394116.jpeg

And, plated with the corn, salsa and beans.

1593826427188.jpeg

Thanks for sharing this one, Joan. The family voted to definitely put it on the 'do again' list.

Killer looking chops, Jim! And, in addition to a nice meal for you, I'm going to bet you made Joan's day by posting one of her recipes that she has shared (though I think she's quite a few time zones ahead, so we'll hear from her tomorrow. :)

R

Jim, I'm here and yes you did make my day!!!!!! lol I am so glad everyone liked them. I also like the idea of the extra mango. We will have to do that the next time we make this recipe. Thanks again for trying it.

Back