Loving my Performer

I’ve had the Overperformer long enough now that I can’t imagine cooking without it! Combine that wilth the rotisserie set up and the WSM, my outdoor cooking is well in hand. Soon I hope to get the Genesis back online and I’m done buying grills, just using them and trying to improve my maintenance skills!

I’ve had the Overperformer long enough now that I can’t imagine cooking without it! Combine that wilth the rotisserie set up and the WSM, my outdoor cooking is well in hand. Soon I hope to get the Genesis back online and I’m done buying grills, just using them and trying to improve my maintenance skills!
Yeah. Prior to reacquiring the performer, I was down to the Genesis. It shares gasser and flattop duties and the E6 was the grill and smoker. Totally covers most anything I want to do.

I do still have a WSM 22 in the garage that I will part with real cheap. It’s a 2019 and only been used a half dozen times.

Yeah. Prior to reacquiring the performer, I was down to the Genesis. It shares gasser and flattop duties and the E6 was the grill and smoker. Totally covers most anything I want to do.

I do still have a WSM 22 in the garage that I will part with real cheap. It’s a 2019 and only been used a half dozen times.
Hey, want a Simpsons Smokey Joe for reasonable $?

Yep, one gets used to playing with the latest toy and get on a tear! I have been a kettle guy for most of my life (Sheesh) and still enjoy using it! I’m still learning gasser but, getting there.

Yep, one gets used to playing with the latest toy and get on a tear! I have been a kettle guy for most of my life (Sheesh) and still enjoy using it! I’m still learning gasser but, getting there.
Lol!! That's so true, imo. Took me like 3 cooks to dial-in my Performer, but I'm constantly tweaking my Genesis. I love it. Different personality for every cook.

Lol!! That's so true, imo. Took me like 3 cooks to dial-in my Performer, but I'm constantly tweaking my Genesis. I love it. Different personality for every cook.
Absolutely! And the more you use the kettle, the easier it becomes. I have three kettles in use or rotation all the time! This weekend the Overperformer will have both barrels running, roti kettle is (right now) a storage unit for extra equipment. But, I’ve been known to have all three running and the WSM! We like to feast around here!

Ive been eyeing another performer, had one about 5 years ago but sold it plus other smokers during a move. Ive been using my copper premium kettle for everything for about a year now- grill-smoke-bake. Performer feels a little more solid vs the 3 leg versions and the table is nice to have

Other than gas start available and, the nice cart/table, how is the Performer different from the standard Kettle?

The gas start and the table are great. There is also the storage for charcoal. The cooking area sits up quite a bit higher than a regular Kettle.
It also has a nice lid holder (which I rarely use)😬
It’s just a great cooker and the added bells and whistles make it very easy to use.

Boy if there was a way to keep the shipping cheap I would be tempted to take you up on it. I know of a guy looking for a smoker

Performer is my main grill. Nothing like cooking on charcoal.

Although as I get older, quick cooks on my Q’s are getting more frequent 😅

Back