Looking to spruce up the old Q-320, need parts.

Bruno

TVWBB Honor Circle
I’d like to replace the handle and light and get a couple of new side tables.
Do they still make them?

If not any ideas for cleaning up some really old and dirty side tables.

I’ll get a Q-3200 some day because I love the simplicity these cast iron grates offer for vegetables, but I still love the Q-320 and I have a new burner and a couple sets of new grates when Orchard went out of business, so I think it can go a few more years.

Last edited:
Clean the side tables up as good as you can with some good grease cutter and a green 3M scratchy pad. Then hit them with some good automotive vinyl cleaner. I like Aerospace 303 Protectant. They should come back looking like new. You can also use plain old vegetable oil, but it won't last as long as a good protectant.

Handle and light. Kind of expensive, but it is available: https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B076C1XWXG/tvwb-20

Or, here is just the handle for a much better price: https://webgrillparts.com/products/...ZUhCw4pw0SeSc7ZEb8jFQ15RAZurusLBoCYhEQAvD_BwE

You can replace the Q320 with a Q3200, but unless you just want a nice new shiny one, I don't think the Q3200 offers a whole lot more than the Q320.

The 3200 looks more stylish, at least to me, if that matters. I think the side tables on the 320 are better. From a practical point of view, the one thing that I like better about the 3200 is that the thermometer is on an angle making it easier to read - even if it is a smaller, oval one.

Oh yeah I’ve seen the Q-3200 in person and I see no reason to buy one, I love my 320, it was my first Weber many years ago
I’m just looking to clean it up a little. I will try the recommendation for cleaning the side tables..
In fact I’m going to start today!
I think I’ll test my light and if it doesn’t work I’ll just remove it that should clean it up, then I’m going to go to town on my side tables.
Thanks guys!!

Last edited:
I suppose the cart might be the biggest difference. I do think the newer black ones look better.

Step 1 old rusty light removed and the side tables are pulled off and soaking. Looking much better already.

LOL: Good deal. Hit them up with some automotive interior protectant when they dry off..... they will look you pulled them off a store shelf.

I imagine you could have just stuck them in the dishwasher if the wife wasn't home.

Just an update Weber replied to an email that they do have the parts, but it would have been $100 or so with tax. You guy saved me and I really like the look of the handle without the light, What took me so long to take that damn thing off.
Its a great little grill and I love it for veggies.EC987E0D-0C20-4C7E-BA27-38CB6FEB9E69.jpeg

For the black plastic pieces, I've been using a 50/50 mix of Boiled Linseed Oil and Paint Thinner. It works very well and so far seems to hold up to rain and whatever else hits it outside. I put it on towards the end of Feb and looks fresh still. Oh, and a little goes a long way. Wear gloves and just use an old rag to wipe on, then another dry rag to wipe off after 10-15 min.

I use Aerospace 303 protectant. It has great UV properties as well. I use it on my vehicles and all my rehab grills. It brings back all that sun faded plastic, vinyl, rubber, etc.... to nice shiny clear like new again.

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00KN0UOEE/tvwb-20

I actually have a one gallon jug of this on order right now.
Damn Bruce these things look BRAND NEW!! I’m going to have to do the whole grill now.

t0sG1c6.jpg

I suggest you let it rest a day or so and give them one more wipe down with the stuff. And yah, do the whole plastic frame as well.

Just did a quick job of it today, it was hot and it says not to use in direct sunlight, I’ll put on a good coat tomorrow, it already looks amazing. Thanks again!

Bruno
Is the Q320 your main gas grill or do you also have something bigger like a Genesis?
I always seem to go to the charcoal grills for most stuff, thinking i might be fine selling off my e310s and keeping a q320

Back