Look at this freebie....

Wow, that is a beauty! And it has the side burner, which means the nice big frame. I deleted my side burner and made an extra table there, and also deleted my flip up table because I have the two tables on each side. You have a lot of choices and options, and you have the beautiful red hood to boot. The first thing you might consider doing is reviewing the "Drab to Fab" thread in the sticky section. That is an excellent place to get started.

Are you going for "showroom restore to brand new" or "good enough to cook"? That will inform us on how to help.

Also, do not be shy about asking any questions you have, easy questions are more fun because they have easy answers. You found the place to get all the information you need to make that grill as good as new, or better if you go "rcplanebuyer" .... you will know what that means soon enough!

Good luck, welcome, and great price on my absolute favorite variety of the Genesis!

Wow, that is a beauty! And it has the side burner, which means the nice big frame. I deleted my side burner and made an extra table there, and also deleted my flip up table because I have the two tables on each side. You have a lot of choices and options, and you have the beautiful red hood to boot. The first thing you might consider doing is reviewing the "Drab to Fab" thread in the sticky section. That is an excellent place to get started.

Are you going for "showroom restore to brand new" or "good enough to cook"? That will inform us on how to help.

Also, do not be shy about asking any questions you have, easy questions are more fun because they have easy answers. You found the place to get all the information you need to make that grill as good as new, or better if you go "rcplanebuyer" .... you will know what that means soon enough!

Good luck, welcome, and great price on my absolute favorite variety of the Genesis!
Oh I am going full in. I work for a metal fab company. So I have access to lasers, tube lasers, powder coat.....the frame is in bad shape on the lower end. I'm going to try and save it. if not I will build it as identical as possible. I have never seen wide slats running left to right or a front control side burner.

Dang, I simply don’t find anything worth the time to clean let alone restore or “hot rod”. Lucky that you have shop tools for a good project! Keep us posted, please?

I'd check the frame construction. If the top of the frame is like other models, you should be able to completely remove the top part of the frame from the rest, then your goal of recreating the bottom part probably becomes simpler.

Careful talking about how you work for a metal fabrication company, you might start getting a lot of fab requests for Z bars, frame pieces and Summit fire boxes lol.

I'd check the frame construction. If the top of the frame is like other models, you should be able to completely remove the top part of the frame from the rest, then your goal of recreating the bottom part probably becomes simpler.

Careful talking about how you work for a metal fabrication company, you might start getting a lot of fab requests for Z bars, frame pieces and Summit fire boxes lol.
Yah, and don't forget the Genesis 1-5000 drip tray lol.

I wonder if @John Worthy is talking about the tilt-up side shelf.

The 1990ish Genesis 3 I picked up was missing the left tilt up table and also missing the hardware.

The later ones have a slide support, but I think the older ones had a different support.

John if you dig around a bit if I remember their was someone who did a restore on that exact model with the wide slats running left to right on the bottom and north south on the left side as Bruce said three slats on the drop down shelf also. Don't see many of those around.

So the manual i was given with it has a different serial number. I just found this on the back side of the tank channel. It is L7. So it makes this a gen 3.....?

Back