Little help needed

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I need a couple good photos of the bottom pivots on Silver/Gold/Platinum C grill for the doors. I need to fab up the bottom pivot hole for the doors on a grill that doesn't have them and want to see how it was originally. I don't want anyone going out and taking their grills apart, but if someone has one laying around that has the doors off, it would be appreciated if you could post a couple good photos.

That would be awesome except that it is for an E3xx model. I need it for the previous generation Silver/Gold Platinum C. Not sure but I think a Silver B would be the same as well.

Well I gave it a shot.

Here’s keeping your thread towards the top- hopefully someone else has what you need.

Good luck with the fab.

Well I gave it a shot.

Here’s keeping your thread towards the top- hopefully someone else has what you need.

Good luck with the fab.
Thanks John.

DanHoo: That is the right grill, I just need to see the bottom pivot area with the door removed. I circled the area in yellow.

Untitled.png

On the frame and door was just a hole. I don't know if I still have the frame to measure it.

Same on the door, just a hole.

Either the door or the frame may have had a nylon bushing. I don't remember. It's a very simple approach.

Yah, I seem to remember some kind of bushing in there to keep the door from sitting directly on the bottom frame piece. And I need to see if it was simply a single set hole or does it adjust in any way.

The bushing is gonna be the hard part. Maybe something like little bushings from the axles of slot cars could help. Or you could hit Menards. They've got bins full of different kinds of bushings and the like

The bushing is gonna be the hard part. Maybe something like little bushings from the axles of slot cars could help. Or you could hit Menards. They've got bins full of different kinds of bushings and the like
Lowes had a drawer of the nylon bushings. Used the to repair the hinge on a glass shower door.

There's actually a Heyco number on that bushing. It's a Heyco Snap Bushing SB-675-3, but I'm not finding a spec on it.

1678035754895.png

I think it's a 3. I'm pretty sure this is the correct bushing. 3/8" mounting hole, 3/16" ID for the pivot rod.

View attachment 67163
Ed, I don't really need the bushing. I just need placement and what kind of hole the door hinge sits in. My situation is needing to fabricate the hole and I will just drill the correct size hole in the frame in the spot it needs to be and then if necessary, I can add a SS washer or two around the hole to give the door a small clearance. Thanks for that info though. In fact, I might possibly even have a couple of those bushings in my parts bins. The size of the pivot rod/hinge is good to know.

I recall Ed has a gold C.
The Gold C doesn't have a closed cart. This is off the Silver C. Both grills have the same pan, or at least they look the same, but the Silver is punched for drainage and has the holes punched for the door pivots. The center of the hole is located 9/16" from the outside edge and 3/4" from the LH edge of the pan. If you are going to be drilling into a cart that has an Xmember instead of a pan, then the center of the hole would need to be located 7/8" from the inside of the leg.

Pic1.jpg
1678054220454.png

Last edited:

Back