leg diameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Donny Anderson

TVWBB Super Fan
Please excuse my laziness, but does anyone know the diameter of the leg on a OTG? I have a HD run to make after I leave work today. My grill is missing the stopper for the "non-wheeled" leg and I'm starting to scratch up my driveway and garage with all of my moving in and out.
I figured maybe one of you all might know the answer.
Thanks in advance.

Assuming you are at work now and can't measure the diameter on your kettle then when you are HD measure the diameter on one of theirs.

Diameter of the "free leg" on my 18.5" kettle is 1.0 inches.

Surprisingly (for me), I thought of that last time I was in there, but my HD chooses to only display Weber gassers. They keep the kettles boxed up. Don't ask me why. They do have a Smokey Joe on display. Now that I think about it, my Target doesn't have one on display either... I guess the kettles aren't "big ticket" items.
Thanks for the measurement!

Donny
Your post started me thinking. It should be a relatively simple exersize to get a generic lever locking swivel caster, shorten the non-wheeled leg and make up a wooden plug to fit in the leg and then drill it out to accept the swivel caster.

Regards

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Phil Hartcher:
Donny
Your post started me thinking. It should be a relatively simple exersize to get a generic lever locking swivel caster, shorten the non-wheeled leg and make up a wooden plug to fit in the leg and then drill it out to accept the swivel caster.

Regards </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is a particularly good idea if you have one of the new plastic tables on your kettle
icon_razz.gif

Have you looked at Timothy's post? He mounted a 3" caster using the support connecting the three legs. You might have a cleaner fabrication in mind, but his seems to look efficient and it's simple reversible mod, if need arises.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back