Learned my Craigslist lesson.

Paul Pearson

TVWBB Super Fan
A month or so I was poking around on CL and found a 22.5 WSM for sale about an hour from me for $175. I already have a 18.5 but thought I could keep another one at the old man's house so Im not hauling mine around as much.

He was going to look into it but got busy and when he got around to checking it had already sold. There was another an hour the other for $315 that had been listed about the same amount of time and when I checked it too had sold.

Lesson 1: when you see a deal, jump on it
2: People aren't diligent about marking things as sold.

You definitely have to jump on them. I guess a lot of people know what a deal is. Before I got the gasser a few weeks ago, there was a blue kettle on CL. I have always wanted a blue. I really don't need it since I have a performer in black, so I hesitated and it was gone.

They don't make blue kettles anymore so I lost out

Quick is definitely the key

If your lucky your lucky.
I have jumped on stuff that has been posted and no return call or email. A few days later they tell me it's sold.

If it's a deal buy it.

Well, that's true Tony. For some reason people post on CL then don't respond. I found a performer on there one time and for 2 weeks I tried to contact the guy with no response. The ad never came down so I assumed he still had it. Who knows? CL can be strange sometimes

I bought 2 WSM and sold 1 WSM on CL =) all good.
U never know what u can find there. If its a good deal you must get it "right now" =)

Peter

Agreed especially on a good deal.

I just missed, by about 4 hours a 6 month new, 22 WSM for $80. It was a little over an hour a way, but that kind of deal I would have made the trek. Guy needed it gone by the weekend, he was moving out of state

Got the email back that it had just sold earlier that day.

Not a WSM butt.

Got this beautiful SS Performer on Craigslist for $80 smackers, his young children didn't want to wait for the charcoal to be ready.
His loss my gain.

securedownload_zps2e7ee4cf.jpeg

Last edited:
What??? I've been checking almost daily for these in southern California. These go quick. You must have pulled the trigger real fast! Happy for you.

Back