It's been a while since i've taken a peek at this site... My heatermeter 4.2.4 has been chugging along without major issues.
Glad to see that there is an update with new features, and also the Micro damper thread just got me hooked again. Ordered some parts, had the micro damper shell printed, now just waiting on the parts to come in from various sources.
Now comes my problem that I've experienced several times (ie. bug is repeatable)
I was running V12 on my HM 4.2.4, with RPi B. Saw this thread and decided to update the firmware.
The update from V12 to V13 went flawlessly (updated via web configuration). The first reboot (initiated by the flashing process), all my settings were there, as well as WiFi (Ralink WU715N), reconnected back to my network without issues.
Upon a 2nd reboot (power off/on by me), nothing on the RPi worked. however, the AVR was OK, I was able to at least use the heatermeter directly without any remote access via RPi.
Upon further testing, I noticed that always on the 2nd reboot that my SD card on the RPi becomes corrupted, so much so that windows can't read the card and asks to format it. So I re-image back to V12 to get everything up and running (good thing I had a config back up that I can apply).
Tried the upgrade to V13 again. Same problem.
I tried the trick:
1) Disconnect hetermeter from RPi,
2) Boot up RPi only and SSH into it
3) Delete the linkmeter file under /etc/uci-defaults/linkmeter
4) reconnect the Heatermeter to Rpi and start up again
The above works for only 1 boot cycle. Everytime I reboot again, my SD card becomes corrupted and have to start back from V12 again.
NOTE: With the HM disconnected, I can boot and reboot the Rpi without the problem occurring.
So pretty much now, I'm just looking for some suggestions, or traces I can access/provide to you if need be, any configuration files, or something to try I'm all ears! Or I could be a total idiot and done something wrong!..
Thanks for all the help, and support!