Latest, greatest hot dog has smoke/BBQ flavor built right in

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
IMG_15811_zps8f14ae94.jpg

Saw these at the store yesterday. Tried them. Better than a regular hot dog, kind of spicy. Not really that smoky, though. Yet another example of how manufacturers are trying to leverage the popularity of barbecuing and smoking when creating new products.

My biggest complaint? Only 7 dogs in the package! Now what am I supposed to do with that spare hot dog bun???

I saw an advertisement for these somewhere and have been craving hotdogs all day..guess I'll check Wally World tomorrow and see if they are in stock!!

I saw those myself. I was wondering how they were. I saw a few different flavors.
Thanks for the post. I will pick some up.

The picture on the package looks as if they have a coarser grind than most of the dogs we see.
But they look good enough to try if I see them in the store here.

What's your preference Frank?

i like good old hot dogs like Kayem , ball park , or maple leaf. Deutscmacher are good too. A good hot dog has to have a little pork in it. A lot of people say they are made with scraps which is probably true , but they are what I grew up on.

Tried them the other night for dinner, my family loved the original seasoned kind but the hickory smoke not so much. They were just to smoky.

Invite 28 people over and get 7 packs of buns and 8 packs of wieners. Each person has 2 dogs and no left overs. Make it a TVWBB event day.

Last edited:

Back