Lamb & Weston crisis!

Dan Leighton

TVWBB Pro
Hi:
After getting addicted to the hand cut French fries thanks to this forum, they have become a staple in many of our meals. Not tots, steak, shoestring, or crinkle cut, only hand cut will do. This morning I hit a crisis. Albertsons & Vons have them on clearance at a reduced price! Hopefully, we have enough freezer space to get several bags before they are gone. These fries blow the doors off anything Oreida sells. Check with your grocer why these are going away.

I'm finding the Weston crinkle cut for $3 in all the discount stores around here for some reason. I used to be only able to find them at Kroger but now I've seen them at Starve A Lot, Family Dollar, Dollar general, etc.

T:
We know what you mean. We just found these this past year due to the forum. When we lived in RI, you'd just make your own with fresh potatos using a scissor like slicer.

They are $2.77 a bag in Clearance here. Trying to use all of our available freezer space to stock up as long as they don't exceed the best by date.

We've had them and still have some. IMHO they are better than most but not that spectacular. We make our own home fries and use russets and mix with olive oil and add whatever seasoning we want, use mostly Weber's or McCormick's grilling seasonings.
Takes a little more time but worth the effort.
For those that are fans of Lamb & Weston fries if they go under that's another bullet just like Weber charcoal, sorry to see it happen.

I learned about Lamb Weston from this website, too. Wish I knew who recommended them so I could thank him. My favorite frozen potato by far.

I had some freezer space left so I rounded up as many packages as possible. That supply is dwindling rapidly. That wasn't a sale, but a closeout. Around the middle of November, I expect to be searching for something to replace them with. They are an integral part of our dinners of burgers & fries, fish & chips, etc.

Last week my local Piggly Wiggly had them on sale (2 for $5) so I picked up a bag of super crispy crinkle fries and a bag of super crispy tots. Having never tried them, we had some of the fries in the air fryer a few nights ago and found them to be very good.

Last week my local Piggly Wiggly had them on sale (2 for $5) so I picked up a bag of super crispy crinkle fries and a bag of super crispy tots. Having never tried them, we had some of the fries in the air fryer a few nights ago and found them to be very good.
We tried the crinkle cut and the steak fries too. Liked the traditional hand cut much better. Sounds like your market is dumping them too.

Grabbed some a couple of weeks ago at Jewel after hearing about them here, and loved them in the air fryer! Unfortunately they were on clearance...

Back