Kingsford Original $16.88 2/20lb Home Depot July 4 sale 6/25-7/8

Chris Allingham

Administrator
Staff member
In today's mail circular...Kingsford Original, $16.88 2/20lb twin-pak, Home Depot July 4 sale 6/25-7/8.

Updated to indicate The Home Depot.

Last edited:
Better than the normal price, but still not even as good a deal as the K-Pro that Costco had for a few weeks. I'm honestly trying to avoid buying charcoal now. I think we're being tested. If the retailers realized we'll buy just as much at these prices, we'll never see the previous sale prices again. :D I've been using Propane Taxi more the last few months though.

Better than the normal price, but still not even as good a deal as the K-Pro that Costco had for a few weeks. I'm honestly trying to avoid buying charcoal now. I think we're being tested. If the retailers realized we'll buy just as much at these prices, we'll never see the previous sale prices again. :D I've been using Propane Taxi more the last few months though.
I'm skipping the KBB sale. I bought some K-Pro on sale at Costco and have been laying in a supply of Weber Briquettes. At the end of last year, I picked up 8 bags of Weber by gifts/purchases. (Yes, I received lumps of coal for Christmas!) After week of trying to get the current $6.99 online price at True Value, I finally was able to place an order and got 5 bags. I'm wondering how much I can hide on the side of the house from DW. A %65 off sale price a several outlets can't be good for future availability of Weber Briquettes. I'm having flashbacks to the KBB reformulation scandal of '05.

Around here they seem to have a lot of Cowboy lump and briquettes, B&B and Royal Oak. About to try the Royal Oak I got but never used the others.

Was at home depot last Tuesday & saw big pallets of kbb - not sure if they were from the last (failed) sale, or for this one.

The HD closest to where I live is listing KBB at normal price. Doesn't matter to me since I'm going to wait until the Labor Day Sale, but it's still odd.

Walmart ran 2 18lb bags of royal oak for memorial day at 8.88. Great price!! Maybe they will run for july 4

Checked online local HD (Quincy MA) and was listed for $19.88 :(
I did score some frontier lump 34lbs for $17 from BJs. Used one bag so far I liked it and would buy again.

walmart has free two-day delivery of 36 lbs of kingsford original for $18 and royal oak is $17 for 30 pounds. I don't see myself making a trip to home depot to capture the sale price difference.

Wal Mart's sale fliers are weekly so their July 4 add isn't out yet. They may put that RO charcoal on sale but won't know for sure until the July 4 add is out.

Come to think of it, HD didn't have KBB on sale during Memorial Day Weekend either. Only reason I can think of, is that they're doing so well during the pandemic (and the crowded parking lot reflects this) that there is no need for them to put it on sale.

I was at HD yesterday and they only had Embers 2x20lb for $9.98.
I didn't see any other brands of charcoal just some pellets.

Tim

Our local HD has KBB at regular price $19.88. Local Lowe's has KBB on sale 2x20lb $14.88

I think I'm going to bite on the Lowe's sale.

Back