Kingsford Bargain

Al Silverman

TVWBB Pro
My local Home Depot has 18# bags of Kingsford Original for $3.88. I got 10 bags. My wife thinks I'm nuts. She wants to know what I'm going to cook with all that charcoal.

I got 6 double bags for $5.88, but I had about 90 pounds in inventory. Just bought 2 of the 20lb double bags a little over a week ago.

Be careful about taking your wife to HD. If she's like mine, she going to ask too many questions.

"Only a foolish man refuses to stock up on charcoal when it goes on sale." Tell her that's an ancient proverb.

Great deal, your still at the 21 cents a pound price like the twin packs. I went to Walmart and they priced matched the twin bags. I bought 6 twi pack. I'm hoping Lowes has stubbs sale again this Memorialday.

Well, I was at Sam's this afternoon. They had twin 20lb bags of Original for around $16. Last fall, they were selling twin 23lb bags for the same price. I guess I should have stocked up last fall. It looks like Kingsford has raised prices, but is hiding it.

I bought 240 lbs. of charcoal last year when the KB went on sale. I still have 6 bags in the trunk of my car.
icon_biggrin.gif

I stocked up last Memorial day, 4th of July and Labor day and I have been out for about 2 months now. Been paying full pop at HD. Time get my butt over there are pick some up on sale. Hope it is still on.

I had 10 bags(mostly stubbs, ro, some K and competition K) in stock. I bought 6 bags this weekend. Waiting on the stubbs to go on sale.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jeff R:
The wife just shook her head and walked back inside when I arrived with 405 lbs
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well done, Sir!

Back