KFC on the Performer

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Been a real long time since I made kettle fried chicken with the performer and the vortex.
The weather was nice at 62 so I decided to make some KFC.
Did bone in thighs slathered in Dijon mustard and used fish fry with a tablespoon of Weber’s salt free steak seasoning.
Sides were a baker and broccoli with carrots and a homemade cheese sauce.
Barb worked and got home about 6:30 so I though a nice dinner that she didn’t have to do anything except relax would be nice.
Forgot how good this cook is and how easy it is, really enjoyed it.

49506580286_f1095fd1d3_z.jpg
[/url]100_5607 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

49506579501_c1eef8a406_z.jpg
[/url]100_5614 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

49506071023_d90920aeda_z.jpg
[/url]100_5609 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

49506799197_68ab35bdd2_z.jpg
[/url]100_5613 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

49506579231_521e3a97da_z.jpg
[/url]100_5617 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Have a great weekend.

Looks awesome. Nice of you to consider your wife by doing the cooking. Wish it was 62 here in Iowa. Right now it's 28.

Yep that looks deeelicious! Relly nice of you to 'sacrifice' yourself for the sake of making a nice dinner for your wife.

KE really it's not sacrifice, it's more of a payback for all the work she does around the house and taking care of me. She is a energizer bunny on steroids with a heart of gold.

KE really it's not sacrifice, it's more of a payback for all the work she does around the house and taking care of me. She is a energizer bunny on steroids with a heart of gold.

+1 on that good buddy. I am lucky enough to have a dear saint like that too.

That’s what the great husbands do when the wife is still busy outside the house!
I am the laundry department, chief cook and bottle washer, chauffeur, maintenance man and shower cleaner!
I know why she loves me.
Trying to decide what to do for Valentine’s Day for her! Beef leaves her cold, been doing a lot of chicken lately maybe some halibut! That reminds me, I need to check the champagne stock!

It's a very nice looking meal. Yummy Yum! I have a Question, were the Spuds put on the grill at the same time as the Chicken? Just curious about the cook timing of the two together? I do not have vortex, which i am now thinking about getting one. I enjoy your postings. Thank You.

It's a very nice looking meal. Yummy Yum! I have a Question, were the Spuds put on the grill at the same time as the Chicken? Just curious about the cook timing of the two together? I do not have vortex, which i am now thinking about getting one. I enjoy your postings. Thank You.

Paul, the spuds were put on at the same time as the chicken. With the vortex with it's convection type heat the chicken and the spuds were done in less than 40 minuets. But also the taters weren't very big.

Last edited:

Back