Kebab Night!

Tim Campbell

TVWBB Guru
So I did two different marinades for chicken kebabs on Father's Day, as well as a few shrimp-boil kebabs (these are really, really good fwiw. Where we live, you can't get bad seafood except, maybe, at a gas-station). Apologies for the pics...my lighting is all messed up. Might've been the bourbon, but who can say for sure?

First chicken kebab was a classic. Binghampton, NY area offers an outstanding chicken cook called spiedies (speedies to some). It's a 24 hour marinade in a bunch of good stuff. My dad grew up in Rochester, NY and recalls this dish. Link below. I had only ever had these in the summers in the Adirondacks, but it was mostly venison and pork.

Don't let the long bath in citrus dissuade you: This chicken does not become mealy. Second and third kebabs were chicken marinated in yogurt and spices, also for about 24 hrs. Here they are post-cook, 1 spiedie on the right, 2 yogurt marinade on the left:
20220619_224228.jpg

Now the shrimp boil kebabs. Really tasty stuff, super-simple prep. Link also below. Shrimp, andouille sausage, par-boiled corn and new potatoes. Simple rub.
20220619_164157.jpg

20220619_220835.jpg

20220619_224217.jpg

One chicken spiedie with some corn riding sidecar. Homemade pitas, hummus hiding in the back. Timid.
20220619_231917.jpg

20220619_231942.jpg

Sorry for the lengthy post. These were absolutely delicious. I've been in the doldrums lately with my cooking, and this made a difference. If you're looking for a fun, fulfilling cook, look no further. Fantastic...better lighting would've done better justice. The shrimp, sadly not pictured, gave it all up for a good cause. Heroes.

Hope everyone had a great Father's Day.

Yeah, Tim, love the kebabs! (your post was like Cliff's Notes compared to some of my novels!) 🤣

I love that idea on the shrimp boil kebabs! Super creative/unique, and they look great. Thanks for the pita link, it's been a while since I made any, but my neighbor loves to make hummus, so I need to get pitas going for our next backyard happy hour!

Looks like and excellent FD plate to me, and bonus that it's given you that cooking spark! :)

R

Back