KC isn't in top 30 bbq cities

They're outta their minds if OKC is second on that list.

Hey, we've got some barbecue joints, but we don't compare to several other cities.

Austin at #18 ........... yeah ..............right .

Portland, Oregon???????
What the heck is "Chef's Pencil"? He needs to pull that pencil out of his...well, whatever.

Thanks for some human understanding Colin and Bob.
All of these “best” lists are completely subjective unless they are based on financial bottom lines.

KC would be #1 or 2 in my opinion... I think I heard this old saying when I was a kid.... Opinions are like *ssholes, everyone has them and they all stink. Anyone with a cell phone or laptop can now broadcast their opinions, so we all smell a lot more you know what.

One of the best things about this forum is that we have so many people with educated and experienced opinions. Dare I say we have subject matter experts and speak the truth on this forum, even when it hurts a little ;)

This world needs a lot more truth and facts and less opinions.

LOL, now I'm having a movie flashback - Jack Nicholson in "A Few Good Men"..... "YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH" 🤣

The problem with their ratings, is they're using Tripadvisor reviews. Online reviews are worthless. Yelp put together a list of top BBQ joints in OKC, and Texas Roadhouse was named #1 .

Is that enough said ?

Pretty much anything based on user review sites (Yelp really jumps to the front of the list) is immediately suspect in my book. A few years ago, I had a chat with a restaurant manager in Galway, IE. She was completely frustrated with review sites, Yelp in particular. I thought dinner that night was wonderful, unlike what was posted as user reviews online.

In short, these curated lists in a lot of cases should be printed out and left in the bathroom tagged "for emergency use only."

Another major problem with barbecue lists is "what *IS* barbecue?" Me.... I characterize it as indirect cooking with smoke. Grilling is direct cooking, ideally with smoke (yes, that opens the door for gas grills.) Beyond that..... ya'll like Texas barbecue? Carolinas? Alabama, Cuban, PNW, Memphis? All good, all different. Yes, some will do it better than others.

Like with anything else, I try to find the local spots off the beaten path.

Haha! When you look at the Chef's Pencil website, well you'll see all you need to know if you look at the chefs! San Francisco, Liepzig, Sarajevo, a pant-based nutritionist, Bulgaria, and there's more. I guess their "subjectivity" isn't mainstream in my world!

Back